Breaking: Gunmen Who Killed 3 RCMP Officers Has Been Captured!

DSC_4634191559_high

According to The Globe and Mail, New Brunswick police have confirmed that the on-the-run shooter, Justin Bourque (24), has been captured and detained. This arrest is in relation to the three deaths and multiple people injured by Mr. Borque. Due to confirmed reports of Justin Bourque’s capturing, the city of Moncton have since removed prior barricades and blockades around the city.

[The Globe and Mail Excerpt]

–“Justin Bourque arrested by RCMP at 12:10 in Moncton He is in police custody. Residents of north Moncton can now leave their homes,” the message said.

A Moncton resident named Michelle Thibodeau tweeted that she witnessed the arrest.

“He was in my backyard. I saw him arrested in front of my eyes. He is alive,” Ms.Thibodeau tweeted.

“The swat team arrived at my house and unloaded and started screaming in my backyard for him to surrender and he did. I watched it happen.

“They had him sprawled on my front lawn for some time and then loaded him into the swat vehicle. They are now checking my yard for firearms.”

Businesses and schools had been shut down for nearly 30 hours as hundreds of police hunted a man described as a gun enthusiast whose Facebook page included anti-police slogans, was believed to be carrying several weapons and plenty of ammunition.

According to police, the suspect was spotted three times on Thursday but could not be apprehended. By afternoon, police snipers moved into position and officers surrounded a rooming house in Moncton. But after clearing the building, they left empty-handed. As night fell, the RCMP asked residents to stay locked in their homes and keep their porch lights on to help with visibility.

“This is working through your worst nightmare,” said RCMP Assistant Commissioner Roger Brown, the force’s commanding officer in New Brunswick. “This is a very, very dangerous situation.”

Military-style armored vehicles patrolled the roads while helicopters whirred overhead. Tensions were high as police were grieving the loss of three colleagues, the worst mass shooting of police officers in Canada since the 2005 slaying of four officers at Mayerthorpe, Alta.

The officers in Moncton were gunned down in an ambush, police sources told The Globe and Mail.”–

Do you like our content? Like us on Facebook!