Most people don’t realize that we take shortcuts everyday that inhibit fitness such as taking the elevator or even trying to park as close as possible to our destinations. The majority of Americans, men and women, have demanding jobs, where it is hard for them to find time throughout the day to fit in a workout, creating a sedentary lifestyle and a decline in their health. Just by adding in small bits of workouts into your daily routine, and cutting out any shortcuts that you take throughout the day, you can increase your fitness level tremendously. NO EXCUSES!
Here is a list of ways to increase your fitness level during your daily routine:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Bike to work or school instead of driving
- Park as far away from your destination as time allows you
- Before every shower do: 20 pushups, 50 jumping jacks, 50 crunches, and 10 burpees
- Stand on your tip toes while brushing your teeth
- If you have stairs, before you leave to go anywhere, run up and down your stairs 3 times
- Upon waking do: 25 squats, 20 jumping jacks, 10 pushups, and 20 crunches
- When watching tv, and it goes to commercial do: 20 mountain climbers, 50 jumping jacks, 15 burpees, and 50 crunches
- While on the phone, do lunges or squats
- If you have a dog, make sure it gets exercise, so you will get exercise too!
- Girls, wear heels as much as possible
- Deep cleaning burns lots of calories, so keep your place spotless!
- If you have kids, play with them!
- When you hear music, DANCE!
- Everyone’s favorite: Sex! (yes it’s true, burns tons of calories and helps improve immune system)